It’s a bonus you receive just for signing up and without having to make a deposit. This is different from a deposit bonus, which requires you to put at least a little money into an account to qualify.
No deposit bonuses are popular because it’s basically free money. You can’t just withdraw your no deposit bonus, but you can use it to play real-money games. If you win enough on those games, you can even turn that no deposit bonus into withdrawable cash.
However, two big downsides exist in the world of no deposit casino play. First, no deposit bonuses usually have a much lower value in comparison to other bonuses. The biggest range from $30 to $60 for a no deposit bonus while deposit bonuses get new players up to $1,000 or more depending on the online casino. Thankfully, all of the no deposit online casinos in the US also have deposit-match offers.
Second, all no deposit bonuses come with playthrough requirements. You’ll have to bet through the amount multiple times before you can withdraw any associated winnings. You’ll also be limited to specific games. For example, you may need to play through a $20 no deposit bonus 10x on slots games exclusively before you can receive any cash from the offer.
Obtaining a no deposit bonus is easy. Simply sign up for the online casino making the offer by providing your personal information (i.e. date of birth, name, Social Security number, and so on). Be sure to include your no deposit casino bonus code if you’re not using an exclusive link.
Once you complete the sign-up process, the free site credit should automatically appear in your account. Just be sure to read all terms and conditions before taking advantage.
No deposit bonus playthrough requirements stipulate that you must wager a certain amount on specific games. Of course, the no deposit bonus is only given out in site credit, so you can’t just withdraw it immediately as “free cash”.
However, the playthrough requirements aren’t usually that restrictive. They’re usually intended to get players to actually try out the casino’s best games or offerings instead of just popping in for a minute and logging out. Online casinos understand that even if a player withdraws cash from a no deposit bonus, they’re fairly likely to come back and deposit. Hey, the games are paying out, after all.
Language To Watch For
- Time Limits/Expiration: This is the expiration date for the bonus. Usually, it’s 7 to 30 days after signup. So make sure you fulfill the wager requirements or the criteria for the bonus within that time frame.
- Caps On Winnings: Some no-deposit will limit how much money you can win with a wager placed through free site credit.
- Deposit To Withdraw: This stipulation means that you have to deposit actual money to withdraw any winnings, including your winnings from your no-deposit bonus.
- Banned/Zero-Weighted Games: These terms indicate that some low-risk bets may be banned and may even result in the voiding of your no-deposit bonus. A good example would be placing multiple outside bets on a roulette table.
- Playthrough: This common term describes how many times you need to “play through” your no deposit bonus before you can withdraw any associated winnings.
No Deposit Bonuses FAQ
18 or 21. Anyone 18 and up in all US states except Washington and Idaho can join a social casino to win cash prizes without a deposit. For real-money casinos, the age is 21 and up in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan, West Virginia, and Connecticut.